- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 8 chicken thighs or 4 thighs and 4 drumsticks
- 6 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp plum sauce or honey
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar or white wine vinegar
- a pinch of salt
- 6 spring onions, cut into thin strips 5cm/2” long
- ½ cucumber, cut into thin strips 5cm/2” long
- 8 tortilla wraps
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/400F/Gas mark 6. Put the chicken skin-side up in an ovenproof dish. Mix the hoisin and plum sauces, honey, vinegar and salt together in a small bowl. Paint half of this glaze onto the chicken and put in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Paint the remaining glaze onto the chicken and return to the oven for a second 25 minutes. 5 minutes before the chicken is finished, wrap the tortillas in foil and place in the oven. Once the chicken is cooked (it will look black!), shred meat and skin together with two forks. Remove the tortillas from the oven and fill with chicken, spring onions and cucumber. Wrap and enjoy.