Brie and Mushroom Orzotto – pasta risotto ready in 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 500g mushrooms – I like chestnut and white mushrooms together and roughly sliced
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 900ml hot vegetable stock
- 260g orzo pasta
- 75g mature cheddar, grated
- 25g brie or Camembert, roughly chopped
- 30g flat leaf parsley, stalks removed and finely chopped
- Black pepper
- In a large frying pan, heat two tablespoons of oil over a high heat until hot. Throw in all the mushrooms and stir well. They will take about 10 minutes to cook and brown; give an occasional stir.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a pan with a lid. When hot, add the onion and garlic. Cover with the lid and reduce to a medium heat. Sweat the onion until soft, about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add the stock to the onion and bring to the boil. Add the orzo and cook stirring occasionally until silky but still with a little bite, about 8 – 10 minutes. Before the orzo is completely cooked, add the cheeses and stir well.
- Once the pasta is done, add the parsley and mushrooms and season. I don’t find salt is needed because of the stock – but your palate will guide you. Serve.