Hot cross bun bread and butter pudding
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6-8
- 8 hot cross buns
- 100 g / 3 ½ oz butter
- 4 eggs
- 400 ml / 13 ½ fl oz milk
- 50 g / 2 oz sugar
- 50 g / 2 oz mixed dried fruit
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / 375 F / Gas mark 5.
- Using 25 g / 1 oz of the butter, butter an oval large oven dish roughly measuring 30 cm / 12” x 20 / 8” cm.
- Slice the hot cross buns in half and butter them.
- Layer them up in the dish.
- Whisk the eggs up and add in the milk and sugar, stir well.
- Pour the egg mixture over the hot cross buns and scatter over the dried fruit.
- Place in the oven for 45 minutes or until the top is lightly brown and crispy.
- Carbohydrates: 43g per 1/8