With it’s yellow, green and touches of red, this is a beautiful mango, avocado and coriander salad. It tastes as good as it looks. The creaminess of the mango and avocado contrast with the kick of the chilli and onion. I wait until just before serving to add in the avocado to prevent it from turning brown.
Caribbean mango, avocado and coriander salad recipe
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 as part of a larger meal
- 100 g / 3½ oz green salad leaves, gem or romaine lettuce or spinach
- 2 ripe mangos
- 1 large red medium chilli
- 1 red onion
- Large bunch of coriander
- 2 ripe avocados
- 3 tbsp honey
- Juice of one lime
- Salt and pepper
- 75 ml / 2½ fl oz oil
- Tear up the salad leaves into a large bowl.
- Chop up the mango into large cubes and add to the bowl.
- Finely slice the onion, de seed the chilli and finely slice, add both to the bowl.
- Roughly chop up the coriander and add to the bowl.
- For the dressing mix the honey, lime juice and salt and pepper in a cup. Then add the oil and stir well.
- Just before serving add chunks of the avocado to the salad, pour over the dressing, carefully mix and then serve.
- Carbohydrates: 25g