Cherry and pecan clafoutis recipe
I can find clafoutis overly sweet. This recipe therefore has about 2/3 the sugar of some other recipes. If you have a very sweet tooth I would suggest increasing to the caster sugar to 140 g / 5 oz.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6
- 330 g / 11 ½ oz cherries (these weigh around 280 g once stoned)
- 100 ml / 3 1/3 fl oz milk
- 150 ml double or heavy cream
- Pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 85 g / 3 oz caster sugar
- 14 g / ½ oz caster sugar for decorating the finish clafoutis
- 100 g / 3 ½ oz pecans
- Butter for greasing the tin
Ovenproof dish 25 x 30 cm / 10 x 12″
Ice cream, cream, yoghurt or creme faiche to serve. Or you could just enjoy the clafoutis by itself.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 160°C fan / 350°F / Gas mark 4.
- Stone the cherries, I do this with my fingers, you could use a knife if that is easier.
- Grease the ovenproof dish with the butter.
- Places the cherries and pecans in the greased dish. Scatter over 30 g / 1 oz of the 85 g / 3 oz of sugar.
- Measure the cream and milk out in a measuring jug and add in the salt.
- Add the remaining 50 g / 2 oz sugar to the milk and mix well.
- Break the four eggs into the milk mixture and whisk well. Pour the mixture over the cherries and nuts. I stir the mixture as I do this to ensure all the sugar isn’t left at the bottom of the measuring jug.
- Put the dish in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- When cooked removed from the oven and sprinkle over 14 g / ½ oz sugar and serve.