Chestnut and watercress soup – less than 20 mins & super healthy
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 13 minutes
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, roughly diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 leek, roughly chopped into coin shaped discs
- 200g watercress
- 180g cooked whole chestnuts
- 200g chestnut puree
- 500ml veg stock
- Salt and pepper
- To serve – a drizzle of cream optional
- In a large saucepan with a lid, heat the oil over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and leek. Stir well, cover with the lid and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the watercress. Reserve 3 chestnuts to act as a garnish; add the rest and the chestnut puree to the pan. Pour over the stock, stir well, replace lid and bring to the boil then reduce heat so the soup simmers for 5 minutes.
- Blend with a stick blender and then check the seasoning and adjust to taste.
- To serve, put the soup into four bowls and top each bowl with a drizzle of cream, if using.