Couscous, ginger and spring onion salad
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6
- 200 g / 7 oz couscous
- 250 ml coconut cream
- 50 ml water
- 200 g / 7 oz frozen peas, ideally petit pois
- 75g crystallised ginger
- 8 spring onions
- 100 g / 3 ½ oz flaked almonds
- Put the couscous into a bowl, that you can cover with a plate. Heat the water and the coconut cream in a small saucepan until just boiling. Then pour it over the couscous and cover with a plate for five minutes.
- Cook the peas until just done and then drain. (I use the same saucepan for this, that the coconut cream has just been in.)
- Finely chop the crystallised ginger. Top and tail the spring onions and finely slice.
- Using a fork, fluff up the couscous and mix in the peas, ginger, spring onions and almonds.
- That’s it, pop it all in a box and get ready for a delicious picnic.