This sun dried tomato and pumpkin seed polenta is a super tasty, quick and easy side dish. It’s goes well with a chunky vegetable ragu or a meat dish.
Polenta is delicious! Who knew? Not me! I can’t remember why I decided to experiment with it, possibly I had seen a cake recipe? The recipe below is now a firm favourite, it’s a great accompaniment to Aubergine, mushroom and tomato. But we have also had it with cold meats and a salad. It’s tasty and can be ready to eat in under 8 minutes.
Simmering the polenta for one minute gives a sloppy texture which I like, if you prefer it a little firmer simmer for two minutes.Print
Italian sun dried tomato and pumpkin seed polenta recipe
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Total Time: 6 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 200 g / 7 oz quick cook polenta
- 800 ml / 24 fl oz water
- 8 sun dried tomatoes
- 140 g / 5 oz strong cheddar cheese
- 50 g / 2 oz pumpkin seeds
- salt and pepper
- Chop up the tomatoes and grate the cheese.
- Bring the water to boil in a large saucepan. Pour in the polenta in a continuous stream stirring all the time with a large whisk or wooden spoon.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for one minute.
- Add in the tomato, the cheese and the seeds, stir well.
- Season to taste and serve.
- Carbohydrates: 32g