Mackerel, coriander and lime linguine
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2
- 200 g / 7 oz linguine
- 3 fillets of smoked mackerel
- ½ tbsp oil
- 100 g / 3½ oz bunch of coriander
- 1 lime
- 150 ml / 5 fl oz crème fraîche
- 12 g / ½ oz butter
- salt and pepper
- Cook the linguine according to the instructions on the packet.
- Take the skin of the mackerel and break it up into large chunks.
- Heat ½ tbsp of oil in a frying pan and add the mackerel. You are only making it hot, as it’s already cooked.
- Roughly chop the coriander leaves, discarding the stalks, and add to the mackerel.
- Zest the whole lime and then squeeze the juice from half of it, add that to the mackerel.
- Add the crème fraîche and stir until everything is hot. Taste and season, it will need lots of black pepper but be careful with the salt as the mackerel is salty.
- Once the pasta is drained mix in the butter and then serve with the mackerel on top.