Olive and parmesan tart recipe
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6
- 2 leeks
- 1 tbsp oil
- 250 g / 8 ½ oz puff pastry
- 260 g / 9 oz pitted olives, a mix of green and black
- 110 g / 4 oz parmesan
- 3 eggs
- 100 ml / 3 fl oz double or heavy cream
- 14 g / ½ oz fresh thyme
- salt and freshly ground pepper
23 cm / 9” flan tin
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / 180 C fan / 395 F / Gas mark 6.
- Chop the leeks into thin coins.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and over a gentle heat fry the leeks until there are soft.
- Roll out the pastry, so that it fits your particular tin and carefully line the tin with it.
- Grate the parmesan. Scatter a handful of cheese over pastry, then add the leeks and olives. Top with the rest of the cheese.
- Keeping 3 thyme stalks on the side, these will go on the top of the tart, remove the leaves from the rest of the stalks.
- Break the eggs into a measuring jug and whisk up using a fork. Pour in the cream. Add the salt and pepper and thyme leaves and stir well.
- Pour the egg mixture over the olives. Use the wrong end of the fork to make little holes in the mixture to allow the egg mixture to reach the bottom of the base. Top with thyme stalks.
- Bake in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes. I turn the tart around five minutes from the end to ensure it is lightly browned all over.
- Leave in the tin for ten minutes to cool a little and then serve.