Prosciutto, goats cheese and rocket canapé
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: Makes 32 canapés
- ½ butternut squash
- a drizzle of oil
- 8 slices of prosciutto
- 125g/4½oz soft goats cheese
- a large handful of rocket leaves
- a lemon
- black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C/390°F/Gas mark 6.
- Peel and cube the butternut squash into 2½cm/1” cubes. You need 32 cubes in total. Place in a large roast tray and cover with the oil and a sprinkling of salt. Mix well. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Once the squash is tender and lightly brown in places, remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Cut each slice of prosciutto into quarters, so they measure roughly 2.5cm/1” x 7½cm/3”. Zest the rind of the lemon.
- Take one of the quarters of prosciutto and put a cube of butternut squash at one end of it. Add some goats cheese, a few rocket leaves, a little sprinkle of lemon zest and some freshly ground black pepper over the top. Now wrap the butternut squash with the remaining prosciutto. Don’t worry if rocket leaves stick out, as this makes them look pretty.
- Put them on a plate and serve.
How easy was that!