Roasted brussels sprouts with beetroot, chilli and honey
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 6
- 500g raw beetroot, peeled and chopped into large chunks
- 500g brussel sprouts, trimmed and cut in half if large
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 1/8 tsp salt and freshly ground pepper
- ½ – 1 tsp chilli flakes, depending on taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/395°F/Gas mark 6. Put the beetroot into a large roasting tin. Mix together the oil, honey, salt and pepper and chilli flakes in a small bowl. Pour half of this mixture over the beetroot and mix well (I use my fingers). Put in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour the remaining oil mixture onto the brussels in another bowl and mix well. Then combine the sprouts in the roasting tin with the now half-roasted beetroot and return to the oven for a further 15 – 20 minutes. The exact timing will depend on the size of the sprouts. Then serve with the rest of your Christmas meal.