Sausage and tomato pasta
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 2 tbsp oil or a dollop of butter if you have that instead
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed (optional)
- 6 sausages, skin removed
- 1 x 350g tomato pasta sauce
- 400g can of chopped tomato
- 400g pasta, conchiglie
- a large bunch of basil, torn up (optional)
- parmesan, grated (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- While it cooks heat the oil or butter in a separate saucepan and fry the garlic and onions until the onions are translucent. Add the sausages and break them up with a wooden spoon in the pan. Cook until the sausages are no longer pink.
- Add the pasta sauce and can of tomatoes and simmer for a few minutes before adding the basil. Serve with the pasta and parmesan.