Sweet potato, lentil and tarragon quick stew
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4-6
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 x 400g tins of tomatoes
- 2 sweet potato, peeled and diced into 1cm cubes
- 250g red lentils
- 600ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 15g fresh tarragon, without stalks and finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan which has a lid. Add the onion, stir well and sweat for 5 minutes with the lid on. Stir occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes, sweet potatoes, lentils and stock. Stir well and bring to the boil, reduce the heat a little but ensure it’s still boiling without the lid for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- 5 minutes before the end stir through the tarragon. Serve.