Sweet potato and parsnip gratin
To make this dish vegan substitute vegan double cream for the cream.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hr 30 minutes
- Total Time: -26982122.683333 minute
- Yield: 6
- 1kg sweet potato
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed and finely chopped
- 15g fresh thyme, taken off the stalk
- ¾ tsp salt and lots of freshly ground pepper
- 284ml double cream
Ovenproof dish 25 x 30 cm / 10 x 12″
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/400°F/ gas mark 6.
- Peel and thinly slice the vegetables, I do this in my food processor to save time.
- Scatter a third of the vegetables in the ovenproof dish. Top with a third of the garlic and thyme, ¼ tsp salt and lots of freshly ground pepper.
- Repeat step 3 twice and then cover the dish in foil. Bake in the oven for an hour or until all the vegetables are tender.
- Remove the foil and pour the cream over the top of the gratin. Put back in the oven for 30 minutes or until lightly browned on top.